Finance & Accounting Launches Identity Theft Information Website
This month the Department of Finance & Accounting (F&A) at the University of Central Florida launched the Red Flags Identity Theft Information website. This site was developed to increase faculty and staff awareness of their responsibilities related to protecting personal information and to assist them in properly handling suspected cases of identity theft.
The website contains a list of frequently asked questions along with other valuable information, including the following:
- Details about relevant laws that affect UCF employees and students,
- UCF policies related to identity theft,
- An explanation of when and how to report a suspected case of identity theft at UCF,
- Links to related forms,
- The course preview for the online identity theft training course for UCF employees – “FSC113: Red Flags – ID Theft Protection” – along with registration details,
- Contact information of F&A staff trained to deal with identity theft issues,
- Links to the UCF Information Security Office and other sources of information.
To access the new Red Flags Identity Theft Information website, go to the F&A home page at www.fa.ucf.edu and select Red Flags Identity Theft Information from the navigation bar on the left side of the page. Choose from the categories that appear beneath it.